Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 9

WooHoo! I have black-eyed peas (cowpeas) sprouting! I didn't get to watering this morning because of church, but my daughter and I watered the garden after lunch today. I don't think it hurt anything to wait, but I like the morning watering routine. I've also been hitting it in the evening as well if it has been over 75 degrees. 89 degrees F on April 1? That's just crazy. It is supposed to be pretty windy here tomorrow and the temp is supposed to drop to the low 60's. Kansas. What else can I say?
I will grab a pic tomorrow of my lovely sprouts. Almost all of my onion sets are growing. I haven't seen anything of the Asparagus, peas, chili peppers, lettuce, potatoes or spinach yet. In time, I know. Herbs aren't supposed to germinate for another week or so either. Water, water, water. Patience, patience, patience. I'm starting to see weeds, but I won't pull any too near my seeds or seedlings yet because I don't want to uproot the wrong thing.

Even with the temps, it was a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment