Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 7

I'm still doing my morning watering routine and I so far have 6 green onions from the sets and 5 from the kitchen transplants up as well. One of my shallow onions has the green peeking out too. I'm hoping to have some more results this weekend from my lettuce, cowpeas, spinach and peas.
I transplanted our asparagus from our old home at the corner of my house on Day 1 as well. I've seen no action from it yet. There was a chute that I completely burried. I was hoping to see life from them by now too. I hope they take because I LOVE asparagus.
Today I planted forget-me-nots in a large planter and also basil in 2 little flower pots. I have another 2 pots that each hold about 2 gallons and I planted dill in one of them and parsley in another. I may get a few more pots for rosemary and thyme. I just read that garlic is easy to grow, so I may grab some of that too. My hubby wants strawberries and I thought of putting them out front in my flower beds, but as this is our first spring at this home, I want to wait and see what comes up. I know that there are mums and roses which are some of my favorite flowers, so I'll look into the flower bed revamping next fall. We have tulips behind our privacy fence in the back yard that I can't see unless I'm in the alley. They are coming to the front too.
Happy Weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment