Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 4

No new planting yet. I've been watering every morning. It has been beautiful outside and I love hearing the birds sing while I spend time in the sun. My seeds are likely transforming inside right now and I can't wait to see results. I think my earliest sprouts should come around Saturday. So far all of the sprouts from my kitchen window of celery and onion are still standing and green, too.
The more exciting posts are still to come, but good things come to those who wait. Patience is key in the sport of gardening.
I guess I should clarify exciting... not that I will have an intriguing novel, but to those who love to see the results of their labor(me), the reports will be exciting.
My son was getting wild with the patting of the soil after putting seeds in and I told him to calm down. I said that we were not doing an exciting game. He asked, "So is gardening supposed to be boring?" Well, I suppose it is boring to some, but rather than describing it as boring or exciting work, I told him it was a relaxing type of work for me and he was just keeping me from being relaxed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment