Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 2

This afternoon I had 2 helpers with the planting but my 6 year old didn't last long.  I planted 2 more rows according to seed pack directions.
In row 2, the East 1/3 is spinach and the same is true for row 3.  Then I planted black-eyed peas or purple cowpeas for the next 2/3 except I put 2 Chile peppers at the west end of that row.  The west end of row 3 is the same.  And between the peppers and spinach is lettuce in the 3rd row. 
Against our white picket fence, I planted peas for about 2 feet.  I'm saving the rest of the fence for climbing green beans.  I may regret the decision to let plants climb my fence.  We'll see.I'm saving space between the row ends and the fence for pumpkins, but they won't go in until the end of May, first of June.
I still plan to plant green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and zucchini as well.

I am anxious to see it grow.




This picture is taken from the opposite end as day 1. The potatoes are to the far right and the next two rows start with spinach. Lettuce was hard to plant because the seeds are so tiny it was hard to just drop in one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment