Saturday, April 21, 2012

First Fruits

Well, today I picked some veggies from my garden!  I was going to hear about a local mission and needed to bring a snack item.  I looked about the kitchen and found a bar of cream cheese and some dried beef and crackers.  Needed some green onions.  I went outside and I have several greenies that are ready to be picked. This also will thin them out enough for some of the others to grow bigger.  The first couple I tried had such a good root system that I couldn't get them up and broke them at the stem.  The great thing is that they may just come back up.  I got about 6 green onions to make my dip and it turned out to be wonderful!  I'm so excited to be able run to the patch of soil beside my house rather than the grocery store sometimes!  .... and it's not even May yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment