Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 57

Well, It's been 2 more days and the stems of my tomatoes are still firm and fully green.  Some of the leaves are still droopy, but I think it's a good sign that they are no worse for the wear.   We went shopping and found some new sprinklers, so I'm going to set us up with the sprinklers for watering instead of hand watering now that the whole garden plot is planted.  I was going to put out soaker hoses, but I would have to buy more and I think if I change my watering to evenings, the sprinklers will do just fine.  I can put them in each corner and water the whole garden at once.
We also put up a fence of chicken wire to keep the nibbling bunnies out and tonight I came home and found a very small rabbit near my fence.  I scared it half to death I think and it ran into my fence and bounced off 2 times and finally broke through, but ran completely through the garden and I'm pretty sure it got out between the pickets of the front fence.  There's only so much I can do.  Since the chicken wire has larger holes than I planned on, a baby bunny can get through them if it bounces a few times first.  I just hope not to hurt one.
This picture was taken just after my planting on May 14, but before watering.

No comments:

Post a Comment